Managed funds research
Our managed funds research encompasses sector-wide insights and analysis along with detailed reviews and ratings of individual managed fund products. We cover traditional unlisted funds as well as listed solutions such as Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Listed Investment Companies (LICs) across all major asset classes and sectors.
What sets us apart is our commitment to a physical, on-site assessment of the fund’s people and processes, which enables us to gain a first-hand view of how the fund operates. Our team of investment analysts embark on regular global trips to meet with fund managers in developed and emerging markets, giving us a global perspective on each sector while ensuring that our research is as rigorous as possible.
Our Fund Reviews represent an objective assessment of a financial product’s ability to meet its stated objectives, including detailed analysis of all factors impacting that product’s performance. Along with the overall rating, each Fund Review contains detailed analysis on the fund’s performance, characteristics, people and resources, investment philosophy, research and portfolio construction process, and risk management.
Our Fund Reviews and research cover:
- Australian equities funds (large cap, small cap, Socially Responsible Investments (SRI), indexed and concentrated)
- Global equities funds (large cap, small cap, sector, regional, SRI and indexed)
- Income funds (fixed income, mortgage and alternative income)
- Diversified, multi-asset and multi-manager funds
- Listed property funds and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) (domestic and global)
- Infrastructure funds (domestic and global)
- Structured products
- Alternatives (hedge funds, long/short funds, fund of funds and single manager funds)
- Direct assets (unlisted direct property syndicates, trusts and infrastructure investments).
General Manager, Business Development
+61 3 9623 6346